Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A day at the lake

My brother Brian turned the big 23 this last Sunday. To celebrate his birthday, he and his new wife Sharon invited us to spend a day at the lake boating with them. Aren't they awesome!?

Talk about us getting the good end of the deal for his birthday. We had a blast and spent most of the day last saturday there. It was cloudy but perfect temperature outside and the water temperature...it was great! So warm! We had a great day full of boating, an awesome bbq, and great company! It was super fun. Here are our picture highlights from the day. Ryland and Lance chillin on the beach

Me and Ry and the wind blowing my hair in my face! :)

All of us on the boat, except little Cam. Thanks Grandma for watching him for us!

Me, Jenny and Kimberly ready for our tubing ride.

We had a blast. I can't remember the last time I went tubing. I was totally sore the next day from holding on for dear life, but it was all worth it. Good times! Here is a little movie of our ride. Thanks Lance for capturing the moment!

Ann, Kelly and Kelly

And Lance Bryson and James

We asked Ryland when we first started if he wanted to ride on the tube. He got nervous and said no rather quickly. I kept just causally asking him as others would go. To my surprise he said yes to me after I asked him a couple times. And so....Ryland went on his first tube ride. He was nervous, but I think he had fun, you tell me from the pictures. This was his face as we were getting on the tube.

Priceless right? He didn't cry at all, but he was a little nervous for sure. I think I was actually more nervous taking him than he was. Seriously, I was thinking the whole time about what I would do if he fell off, or what about this and what about that. Crazy mom syndrome! We had a good time though and Sharon did amazing at going just the right speed for Ryland. It was fun.

Camden loved being outside all day. Here he is chillin in the pack n play.

Me and my boys!

Ryland playing on the beach with bubby.

The last boating trip of the day I stayed behind to take care of Ry and Cam, so no pictures but Lance got his water skiing skills on. I was amazed he could do that still. We haven't been on a boat for years but just like riding a bike, he got right up. While they were out Ryland was LOVING feeding all the seagulls on the beach with Grandma and cousin Hailey. We had quite a large group of birds just waiting to be feed. Ryland loved it.

Ryland Grandma and Hailey

This movie cracks me up too. I am pretty sure Ryland thought he was the boss of all the birds out there. You can hear him in this movie calling "bird" and then chasing after them yelling 'hey, hey"! They were terrified of Ryland but I guess it was worth putting up with him chasing after them for a few pieces of bread! :)

They would have chased after them all day!

And Cam got some quality time with his cousin Miles who is just 7 months older than he is. They had fun chilling together.

It was a great day on the lake. Happy Birthday Brian and thanks Brian and Sharon for a great day!

No comments: