Tuesday, June 8, 2010

15 Months (well almost)

Ryland will be 15 months on the 13th. We took him into the doctor today for his check up and the dreaded 5 shots he had to get. He loved playing with all the toys in the waiting room but as soon as they wanted him to stand on this scale and take his temperature in his ear, well it all went down hill from there. However, he now weighs 27.6 pounds (75%) and is 32.5 inches tall (90%). The doctor said he is well on his way to being at least 6 feet tall. He looks pretty old for his age. Most people guess he is around 18-20 months and are shocked when we tell him how old he really is. He is doing great though, and the doctor was very pleased with how well he has grown. I am sure everyone was scared to see the doctor after hearing his screams during the shots. Poor little guy was not happy about that one. He only cried for a few minutes and then as soon as I told him lets go, he was happy to be running out of the office. :) I suppose I probably would have been too! He can say several words some of which are Mommy (finally), Daddy, Doggie, Baylee, Ball, Wow, Ya, and Ah oh. Those along with a ton of alien talk that we may not ever understand! :) He talks all the time and loves to try and tell us what he thinks about everything. He loves to be outside and play basketball. He would stand in front of a hoop and not get close to making a basket all day and love every second of it. As soon as we go outside he takes off running 3 houses down to see the neighbors basketball hoop. Ryland is beyond terrified of the garbage man. Whenever he hears him coming he runs to wherever I am in the house. He wants me to hold him while we sit there and wait for him to drive away. He still loves watching Baby Einsteins and would watch it all day if I let him. He did learn this from the show so maybe it isn't all that bad for him to watch them! :)

Yes, that would be his way of doing head shoulders knees and toes. Not bad for a 1 year old! He loves chocolate milk and asks for it everyone morning by pulling the chocolate out for me. We seriously love this little guy so much! He is the joy of our lives and it has been so fun to watch him learn and grow. He definitely has his own opinions now and usually choses to scream at the highest note possible when we don't do what he wanted. Is it possible to have a terrible 2 year old when they are only 1? If so does that mean by the time is 2 he will be over it?? :) Wishful thinking, I know. He is a great little guy though and we sure are glad to have him around. Here are just some fun pictures from last week.
He loves to climb in the fridge and just look at everything in there. Good thing he can't open it himself yet or I would be in trouble!

When I give him his chocolate milk he usually will run right over to the carpet, sit down and drink the whole thing in probably less than 2 minutes!

And last but not least my little brother bubby graduated from 6th grade last week. We were able to go and cheer him on. Congrats to Derik for graduating high school (ya sorry didn't want to sit through your 3 hour graduation) and bubby for graduating from 6th grade. Good job guys!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love the head, shoulders, knees and toes! So cute! I love seeing Ryland grow too - he's so cute and I love seeing his little personality and hearing about the things he does... good work mom and dad!

Halfords said...

Brigham totally launched into the terrible 2's at one. He was the hardest for me between 1 and 2. But he really got a lot better at 2. So you may be in luck:) Ryland looks like such a Bradley to me. He's darling!