Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Salt Lake Half Marathon

My sisters and I have been wanting to do a half marathon for a while now but haven't ever done it until now. Jenny, Natalie and I found one and signed up and made the goal to run it, and we did! We even convinced my good friend Annie to do it with us! On September 1st we ran all 13.1 miles and it was dare I say...fun? I had a really good time and it did not seem near as hard as I thought it would be. It seemed while I was training every run I was super hot and I was dragging wondering how I was going to survive running a half. The actual race was great though. Must have been a mixture of adrenaline and all that training! The morning of the race I was getting ready by lightning light. Seriously, there was a huge thunderstorm going on outside and I was super worried we would be running in this. Not my idea of a fun half. We drove to the starting line in the pouring rain but miraculously when we got there, there was only a few sprinkles left and that was it for the rain that morning! Yea! It was a little chilly, but that felt good once we started running. Here are us girls at the starting line. Natalie did amazing and finished in well under 2 hours with a time of 1 hour 54 minutes. She found this little dude running it at mile 2 and they stayed together the whole time. They both rocked it, good job guys! Here is Jenny coming in for her finish in under 2 hours too. Amazing! Lance was so awesome and brought the boys up to cheer us on. Here they are with Annies kids waiting for us to finish. The best little cheerleaders. Annie did amazing too! I love her wind blown hair here! :) And here I come! Crossing the finish line(with my little dude Ry) in 2 hours 2 minutes and 38 seconds. It was a great race and I was happy to be as close to 2 hours as I was. I am sure that probably had something to do with running mostly all downhill after the first 4 mile up hill part. I was able to maintain a 9:24 minute mile so I was happy with that. I took 7th in my age division and 125 overall. I just might have to do another one! It was good times for sure!

1 comment:

The Tilley Turf said...

Amazing! You guys are awesome! 7th in your age group, Lisa? That is so great!