I was so glad my mom is close and took Ry at the drop of a hat so I didn't have to worry about him at all. Our family doctor does not have an x ray machine and they were really worried that it was broken, or he could have torn some ligaments or maybe it it was just out of place. But with no x ray they sent us straight to Primarys to get the best care. They wrapped his arm up, I wish I got a picture of that, it looked so cute and little, and off we went. Lance left work and said he would meet us there. We are also Lucky that Lances step mom Cindy works at Primarys, so she was waiting for Cam and I in the waiting room when we got there. It was such a relief to me to have her help. And she got him a cute car and bear to help keep him happy. Anyway, long story short, he was getting looked at by the nurse and freaking out through the whole thing. Cam really doesn't like to do things someone else is making him do and has his own mind when it comes to things like this. So this was the last thing he wanted to be doing! He was throwing a huge tantrum with his arms and legs and busted right out of the sling they had him wrapped in and before I knew what was going on he snapped his dislocated elbow right back into place himself, just by throwing a fit! Seriously! It turned out he had what they call Nursemaids elbow, or a dislocated elbow. Apparently it is fairly common on young kids because they are pulled by their arms a lot. So Ry pulled it just right to pull it out. So crazy! Once it went back in he was a different kid. He got a popsicle and was happy as could be, well as long as we were not walking towards another nurse or being trapped in one of those exam rooms again! Lance got there just as we were walking out. So ya, maybe I should have saved us a trip and made him mad enough to throw his arm back into place! It was an adventure for sure and I was super relived that it was not broken. I was so worried it was because he wouldn't move it at all. Happy 18 months though Cam, glad we will remember it forever now! :) How can you not love his little scrunched up face here though! So cute!
30 Must-Make Recipes for All That Zucchini
2 days ago
2 comments:
You should put the bills in his baby book! Just kidding. We made a trip to Primary's a few months ago too. I'm glad it just popped right back in. I'm trying to imagine an 18 month old in a cast or sling for very long....not fun. I am counting the days down until Max is in nursery....so enjoy church now Lisa! I'll be thinking of you next Sunday. : )
wow - glad it wasn't broken! What a relief!!
Post a Comment