It was a blast as usual and I have way too many pictures and movies to narrow it down. We finished with a time of 32 hours and 28 minutes, which we thought was pretty good until we saw the BYU cross country team fly by us, and I literally mean fly, they are insane. They clearly won and finished with a time of 18 hours 38 minutes...are you kidding me? They are way good, it was fun to see them on the course in action.
We started Friday morning in Logan at 7 am. It was freezing and windy.
Thankfully the sun eventually did come up and warm things up a little bit. It was perfect running weather because it was not too hot and not too cold. Jenny started us off this year and did a steller job. She is in the red waving to you!
Lance rocked it up this hill on his first run.
Chillin in our temporary home...the van.
At snowbasin waiting to meet up with Van 2. It was such a gorgeous day and was nice to relax on the grass.
They were worried about the snow this year because there was so much of it. Jenny had to trek through some snow/ice coming out of Snowbasin, and Van 2 encountered some on the lovely Ragnar hill. Other than that, we didn't run into any, just saw it upon the mountains. My almost night run. Yeah, I am catching some air here!
We were lucky enough to be Van 1 and got done running around 11 and didn't have to start up again until 4. So I ran in the light for all my runs, so did Lance. We didn't have too many runners going in the dark of the night. It was nice to get a somewhat decent sleep that night.
Trevor was amazing at keeping us motivated in the van. Here is his motivational song. LOL, it still cracks me up. Good work Trevor!
Lance and I, we are pretty professional with our vests.
Lance showing off his mad hand off skills. Love it!
And at the finish line when we met up with the rest of our team and waited for Kimberly to bring us across the finish line.
And here she comes. And if you notice the guy right next to her in the gray shirt.
I barley missed a great picture...tear, but I will tell you all about it. When Kimberly turned the corner to where we could see her, she was literally linked arm in arm with this guy. We were a little confused and thought she may be hurt, but as soon as she saw us and he saw his team they unlinked and we all ran to the finish line. After we crossed they embraced in this hug.
And thanks to this guy, Kim was able to finish the race faster than she could have on her own. This guy found her about a mile or so from the finish line and instead of just blowing by her and counting her as another kill...which I probably would have done...he linked arms with her and said come on lets do this together. And he carried her arm in arm until they came to finish line. What a great guy!! Kim was so tired. She ended up getting some tough legs this year due to added mileage and was not feeling too well by her last leg. This guy was a great support for her and it was awesome to see them finish together.
I can't even remember his name but the South Jordan Slacker team...you rock! Such a nice guy!
And that my friends is what running is all about. We passed 12 and 10 year old runners on the course and there was nothing but all cheers for these kids. It is awesome to part of an amazing race. We already can't wait for next year. We did it!
And for the record, our van had that many kills....
Shall I explain that a kill is when you pass someone on the course. Yes my friends 251, we are awesome!
And many many thanks go out to Grandma Jo and Papa Tom. They were so great to come up from Mesquite to hang out with the little munchkins for the 2 days we were gone. And brought them these adorable new pjs. Love them! Thanks again guys, you are the best!
And just for kicks and giggles, Jenny sent out this movie a couple days before the race. Ya, we are kind of crazy huh? It will be fun though, and it is fun! We love it! Thanks Jenny!
4 comments:
Wow! I am so impressed with anyone who will run Ragnar!! Maybe I will do it someday. : ) You did a great job!! That video of Trevor made me laugh - I had a flashback to high school lunch breaks where he would make me listen to some awful music, like Offspring and he would sing to it. Ha.
Oh, and to be able to do it 3 years in a row is just awesome! I mean you have a 4 month old! You rock.
Fantastic post Lisa! You did a much better job than I with explaining all that went on that weekend. Oh, and I LOVED Trevor's "song!"
That is so awesome! I would love to do one of those!! And thanks for explaining the "kill"....I wondered :)
You guys are rockstars. Great post and great job running Ragnar!
Post a Comment