Tuesday, April 28, 2009

You gotta love talent!

I hope my sister in law Maria won't mind me posting this, she is just too amazing to not post about this. When Lance and I were in San Diego over thanksgiving we picked up this little sail boat for Ryland's nursery. 
We loved it and thought it would go great in his room. After a couple months of looking at it, we thought it would be awesome to have a painting of a sail boat on the wall. We had an empty space on the wall and thought that would fill it great. So we asked Maria if she would be willing to paint this for us. Of course she was and we couldn't wait to see the finished product. We got it last night and it definately exceeded all of our expectations. She does amazing work and it was exactly what we wanted. So here is the complete picture, we already hung it up on the wall last night. It looks great and we owe Maria many thanks for this wonderful artwork. Thanks Maria! We love it!
It looks great right above his dresser. I am still amazed that she could take the sail boat and turn it into this amazing painting. 
We also took Ryland to our ward for the first time last sunday. He looked so cute so of course we had to snap a picture of that.  
And we finally got his cute smile on camera. He smiles all the time now, we are loving it!

7 comments:

Emily said...

That is way amazing! I wish I had talent like that! It looks perfect in his room. I wish we could have been there when you took Ryland to church - I'm sure he was a hit at church! What a great ward - we miss it!

Jentry said...

What an amazing picture. How nice to have an artist in the family so you can commision works of art from her!

Lance Drollinger said...

Wow, Maria you are so talented, thanks so much for helping us complete Ryland's room, you're the best!

Ashley said...

Ryland has a way cute smile!

Maria Bradley said...

I'm so glad you like the painting :) I love to do works for you guys, you make me feel like I outdid myself. So, I'll always paint anything you request! I'm always looking for something to paint...

And Ryland is so way adorable, who could resist any request for him?? :)

Nicole said...

Hey Lisa! It is great to hear from you. Congrats on your cute baby boy! I am excited to follow your blog.

Annie and Berkeley said...

Lisa!! Ryland's smile is precious!! He is such a handsome boy. I live in Centerville now! Let's hang out with our babies together!!