Monday, October 6, 2014

Festival Days

We enjoyed our local Farmington Festival Days the week after the 4th of July this year. It is always such a fun time of year for our little city. This year I decided to run in the half marathon with my sister Jenny and sister in law Ann. It was SO fun. Such a great race because it isn't very big and was just fun to get out and run around the place I live. We had a great time running. I finished in 1 hour 59 minutes. I was so excited and shocked to be under the 2 hour mark, just barley! :) I took 3rd in my age group as an added bonus as well. Such a fun race and one I will defiantly be wanting to do again next year! After the race, we had breakfast in the park with all our families. And then of course we headed to the parade. Camden still is terrified of the fire trucks as they go by! :) Camden also decided to get lost while we were playing at the park waiting for the parade to start. Not sure how he wandered away put thankfully the guy with the microphone found him and announced the "lost little boy wearing a blue shaka laka shirt." Lance and I knew right away it was Cam, and there he was crying and thinking he was for sure lost forever. That boy! He wandered off fast and I think learned a lesson about not wandering away that day. Lance had a little train painted on his cheek after all of that. He accepted that has a good peace offering. Good old Cam! The kids had a blast watching the parade and getting more candy then we knew what to do with. Cohen took a little snooze in the stroller and missed most of the parade. We also went to fireworks that night, and I forgot my camera. We sat by our neighbors and we had a great time as usual. Such a fun time of year to celebrate our freedoms and the freedoms of our local city.

No comments: