We went to Rodizios Thursday night which was amazing as always, especially when you are pregnant. Then we took a carriage ride downtown with some delicious hot chocolate.
Downtown is so beautiful this time of year.
Lance was so sweet and picked me up a ring for our 5 year anniversary. I love it, and what a surprise. Now if I can only decide which way it looks better, what is your vote? I won't tell you what I think as to not sway your vote! :)
My gift was not quite as amazing as his, but I got him tickets to a christmas carol, we will be going to that in a few weeks. He loves theater plays so it should be fun. We got a hotel that night and enjoyed spending the whole night with just us. It was so fun and Lance was so thoughtful about everything.
On Friday, our actual anniversary, we picked up Ryland from my moms and decided to go to the festival of trees. I had never been so it was fun to go and see what it was all about. The trees are amazing and there are TONS of them. Ryland liked looking at all the lights for a while, but it didn't take too long for him to be done. :) His favorite part was watching the entertainment they had going on.
We decided to spend the rest of the night doing something Ry would enjoy. We went to his favorite place the discovery gateway and Santa just happened to be there too. We got lucky because their printer was broken so they couldn't take pictures for you there. We asked if we could use our own camera to take a picture and they agreed since theirs was broken. So we saved 14 dollars and still got pictures! Score! Unfortunately Ryland was completely terrified of him. We convinced him to sit on his lap but this is the best we could do for a picture. You can just see the terror in his face. Poor little guy.
It was great to do the discovery gateway on a friday night because it is basically empty. Ryland loved having most of the place to himself and he could play with whatever toy he wanted. Talk about paradise for Ry!
We ended our weekend with the dreaded haircut. As you can see from pictures Ryland's hair was getting super long. It was in his eyes most of the time and and we decided it was time for a cut. And of course this is how Ryland felt about it.
He did pretty well during the cut and Lance did a great job getting him all cleaned up. Thankfully his hair grows fast because I already miss his long hair. It is great to see his face so much better now though and I probably wont have to wash it so much either. And now he looks like he is 21 months going on 4! :) Heres the finished product!
It is hard to believe 5 years have gone by since we got married. It was the best decision of my life to marry Lance and I couldn't be happier. He is great husband and father and he makes me smile everyday. I am so glad I get to spend eternity with the one I love. Happy anniversary Lance, I love you!
7 comments:
Traditionally the "wedding band" (the one you get later) is supposed to go on the bottom..."closest to the heart." At least according to the lady we bought my ring from. I like it better that way, but it might just be because I'm so used to having mine like that. :)
My vote on the ring. . Bottom, it looks better to me. lol
I can't believe it has been five years since you were married! Time has really flown!
Love you guys!
I agree, i heard they go on the bottom, and i think it looks great on the bottom! It's beautiful lance, good job!
Happy Anniversary you guys! I wish I could pipe in wisely about the ring, I honestly think I would wear the band first, then the engagement ring (with the one diamond in the center). What an awesome gift! Good work Lance!
I'm very anti-traditional I guess.. I like the band on top. I'm glad you guys had a great time!
What a fun anniversary. Looks like you guys had a great time. I like the ring better on the bottom...just to put in my two cents. And I love Ryland's haircut by the way, though he does look much older with it like that.
I guess I lose in the vote. But I actually like it on the top. What an awesome gift!
Post a Comment