Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Garbage Man

Seriously, I don't think this will ever get old. Tuesday is garbage day. Ryland is T.E.R.R.I.F.I.E.D of the garbage man. I mean completely scared to death of this man that collects our trash. Even just saying the garbage man makes him nervous. So being the amazingly nice mom that I am, I pulled out my camera today when the garbage man came by our house. Ryland was playing in his room with his cars when I heard him coming. This is what resulted when he heard the very scary garbage man coming. You can kind of hear the garbage truck in the background of the movie here.

To Ryland's dismay, we live on a corner house with a small circle on the street next to us. So not only does he have to hear it go by our house but he can hear it all around the circle too. This movie is while the garbage man is in the circle. You can just see the look of fear on his face here.

Poor Ryland! He has been scared of the garbage man for a couple months now. Maybe next week we will sit out on the doorstep and watch him drive by. :) Aw, the joys of parenting! Love you buddy!

8 comments:

Jenny Hatch said...

haha, poor Ryland....at least he won't be aspiring to become a garbage man! Maybe if you take the garbage man hot chocolate at Christmas time Ryland will start liking him ;).

Halfords said...

I love it! That is hilarious!! And I love that you went for your camera. Totally something I would do :)

The Tilley Turf said...

Lol, that's so funny! I've never seen a kid afraid of the garbage man before!

Annie and Berkeley said...

Holy freaking hilarious! I think the scariest part is the way you say "the garbage man"! You are scary! lol.

Marie said...

Ha, way to funny!!

James and Ann said...

I love how he moves when you do. Don't get too far away from me mom! I should let him play with Thomas' garbage truck. That might solve his fears.

Shannon Durr said...

O my goodness Lisa, You say it all creepy and scary like. ."the garbage man"!! HAHAHA

You crack me up!! and Ryland face is priceless the whole time!! lol

Unknown said...

Absolutely precious...he is adorable even when he is scared! He is like his auntie Lisa...scared of silly things! Love you guys!!!