Thursday, August 27, 2009

New Seat!

A couple of weeks ago Lance and I bought this highchair. 
We both loved it because it wasn't so big it would take up our whole kitchen, but big enough it still had a tray on it. We brought it home and poor little Rylands head hit against the bars and he pretty much wanted nothing to do with it because it was so uncomfortable. So this week, I took on the project of making a seat cover for it. Well mostly I was on the sidelines thanks to my very talented mom! I was able to just be the official string cutter and tissue paper puller offer while she did the hard part of actually sewing it! Interesting fact for those of you that actually sew or that actually care...you can't sew directly onto plastic. That makes your sewing machine not so happy. If you put tissue paper over the plastic and sew on that, it works like a champ! The thin piece of tissue paper makes a huge difference and you can just pull it off after you sew it on. Amazing! So don't say I didn't teach you people anything on this blog! :) Thanks mom, you did a great job, and we love it! I think it turned out pretty good!
Ryland loves his new seat! 
He usually is more interested in eating his bib then his food! Only for a few minutes though! :) 
I will let you fill in the caption for this one! He must really love his applesauce and oatmeal!
And here is a movie of him eating his food! Such a big boy! 
Thanks again Mom!!!! We love it! You did a great job! We love you so much! 

5 comments:

Alycia said...

so cute! Brenna still LOVES applesauce and oatmeal - it has been a favorite since the first time she tried it!

The Tilley Turf said...

Wow great job on the high chair cover, it looks great! Now I know where to go if I ever need one of those (:

Hoff the Charts said...

He is so stinking cute! I must say you did a fabulous job holding that tissue paper. Looks great!Are you filming and feeding at the same time?? You are getting pretty skilled with that camera. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

Halfords said...

I love the chair. Aren't sewing moms great! My mom just helped me sew Brigham a cute baseball quilt for his bed.

Trevor Hatch said...

That is a sweet high chair cover Lisa, I am sure Ryland will love it now. Mom is such a great help when it comes to things like sewing...