Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Very superstitious, nothin' more to say

Friday the 13th according to wikipedia....
The fear of Friday the 13th is called paraskavedekatriaphobia,a word derived from the concatenation of the Greek words Paraskeví (Παρασκευή) (meaning Friday), and dekatreís (δεκατρείς) (meaning thirteen), attached to phobía (φοβία) (meaning fear). This is a specialized form of triskaidekaphobia, a simple phobia (fear) of the number thirteen, and is also known as friggatriskaidekaphobia.
(Hello very large words, those are kind of fun to TRY to say!)

An estimated 17 to 21 million people in the United States are affected by a fear of this day. So, who out there seriously has a fear of the dreaded Friday the 13th?
Should I be worried that I have been scheduled to be induced on none other than Friday the 13th??
Personally, I don't have anything against Friday the 13th. What did that day ever do to me....nothing! So, I couldn't be happier that they want to take me in on Friday to finally see this little guy....but....should I be worried? :) Hopefully the baby will think it is cool that is birthday will probably be on Friday the 13th. Wish us luck!!

4 comments:

Kyle and Jessica said...

I'm weird, but I always get excited for Friday the 13th! I think it's an awesome day. Congrats on the little one coming! We are so excited for you guys!

Heidi & Derek said...

Good-luck! Hope everything goes well!!

Annie and Berkeley said...

That's awesome! I can't wait to see him! I guess it's a darn good thing you aren't one of those people that is afraid of Fri. 13th!

Halfords said...

Good luck Lisa! Can't wait to see pictures!